Monday, March 03, 2014

Baked Cilantro Lime Herbed Chicken

I have come up with another super easy, nutritious chicken recipe! Per the usual, it's an adaptation of someone else's recipe. My BFF sent me this link. She's always on the lookout for paleo-friendly recipes for me. Love her!

We had snow today in North Mississippi, and, trust me, that's rare. It's way below freezing, and I wanted a dinner that would both warm me up and stick to my ribs. This adaptation was a home run! Here's what I did:
  • In a gallon size baggie, I sliced and squeezed a lime, as well as a few tablespoons of cilantro.
  • To that I added about a quarter cup of olive oil and a bit of garlic.
  • Then came the motherload of spices, all "just a dash" or so: oregano, basil, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. 
  • I put four chicken breasts in there, shook it all up, and let it sit on the counter for an hour or so.
  • Into a 9x13 pan it all got plopped. Easy peasy!

 I baked this for AN HOUR at 400 degrees. 

At the halfway point I added one sliced sweet potato. Remember me wanting something that would stick to my ribs?

Ah, the finished product!

People, this.was.good. Even 5-year-old Isaac loved it. I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow. I'd venture to say that it'd still be delicious (and oh so moist!) if you left out a spice or two. Happy cooking!

No comments: